On Sat, 05 Mar 2005, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I've attached a revised patch.
>
> One other note:
> >             scsi_scan_target(&rport->dev, rport->channel,
> >                     rport->scsi_target_id, SCAN_WILD_CARD, 0);
>
> The rescan flag should be 1, not 0. If 0, all kinds of bad things can
> happen as of the 2nd scan request.

Unless I'm reading the code incorrectly, we should be safe (only by
possessing some internal knowledge of the mid-layer) passing 0 in
these contexts:

* role change to target -- no previous devices (let alone
  scsi-targets) should be hanging off the rport.
* during creation, an rport is newly created with fc_rport_create().
* during creation, an rport was found in the fc_host_rport_bindings'
  list.  Again, any attached scsi-devices would have been torn-down
  prior to the rport being originally placed in the list.
* during an unblock call, where the rport's scsi-devices have already
  been torn down since the link-down-tmo had already expired.

But, I suppose in general it's best to play it safe.

--
AV