>>proc/scsi/hba_name/host_number.
>
>This proc entry is made AFTER the device is registered with SCSI
mid-level
>driver (scsi_mod).

This proc entry is not related to a device.  It's the entry that describes
the HBA, and it gets created as part of registering the HBA (host).

>after I add a SCSI device to one of the HBAs, the only
>option I have left with me is following
>
>For n = 0 to N
>Do
>                echo "scsi add-single-device n 0 ID 0" > /proc/scsi/scsi

If you and Linux could identify the host in common terms, you wouldn't
have to do this.  But the question is open as to in what terms you
personally identify the host to which you attached the device.  Is it the
controller to the west?  The red one?  The new one?  The one with serial
number 8436547?  The one at PCI address X:Y:Z?  The one that has your disk
drives on it?

The host proc file often has a serial number in it.  Sometimes it has a
fibre channel worldwide node name.

It seems to me that you're probably right, though: the easiest thing is
just to try to add the bus/target/LUN to every host.  In an ideal world,
you'd do this with hotplug.