Boaz Harrosh wrote:
[8/16] gdth: Remove virt hosts - Christoph && Boaz
  Here we need an executive decision! The issue is as stated by Christoph:

    "The virt_ctr option allows to register a new scsi_host for each bus
    on the raid controller.  This non-default option makes no sense with
    the current scsi code and prevents cleaning up the host registration,
    so remove it."

  I agree. This is just exactly the same as done buy scsi-ml scans but only
  more resource consuming. Unless I'm totally missing something, perhaps it is
  just a leftover from old kernels.

  But if it is decided that this "virt_ctr" fixture is absolutely needed than
  I have a patch for re-enabling it at: "after the patchset", done in a
different
  way. Because for now it prevents the cleanups I need.

Also this patch can Just be merged with [7/16] but I wanted it separate in the case we decide for "virt_ctr" fixture return.

I definitely agree too (that virt_ctr should go away).

My only worry is that this breaks somebody in the field. Given that it is apparently a non-default option, I think that worry can be overlooked.

        Jeff