On Wed, Oct 10 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I don't see blk_delete_timer() actually calling mod_timer/del_timer at
> all.  Doesn't that mean, your timer would eventually expire for no
> reason and walk through the list unnecessarily?

Please stop top posting, thanks.

Yeah, it can only remove the request from the list. We could delete the
timer as well if the list is now empty, I'll now add that check.

It's part of the "design" that the timer may fire and find nothing to
do, my theory is that this is much cheaper than making the enqueue path
more costly. The latter is an absolute no-no, I'd much rather take the
one-timer-per-request hit than start engaging in any type of expiry
sorting or similar at request add time.

--
Jens Axboe