On Sun, 20 Jan 2008, Greg KH wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 11:27:29AM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > This patch sets the last_sector_bug flag to 1 for all USB disks. This is
> > needed to makes the cardreader on various HP multifunction printers work.
> >
> > Since the performance impact is negible we set this flag for all USB disks
> > to avoid an unusual_devs.h nightmare.
>
> Oh great, now my "working just fine" USB devices, which happen to have
> data in the last sector, suddenly stop working.
>
> That's not acceptable :(

These patches really should not impact existing devices.  If they do
then something is definitely wrong.

Can you provide detailed logging information showing your problem?  For
example, a usbmon trace would be good.  Better yet, a usbmon trace
without the patches and a usbmon trace with the patches, for
comparison.

Alan Stern