>     We've tried new adaptec firmware shipped with SLES and we got
> ourselves new error string that appears just above error messages that you
> have seen before and that were attached to the original message:

> kernel: aic94xx: escb_tasklet_complete: REQ_TASK_ABORT, reason=0x6
> kernel: aic94xx: escb_tasklet_complete: Can't find task (tc=71) to abort!
>
> Do you think they have any significance?

Hi Jan,

Which firmware version is that?

I get similar errors under a high load (rebuilding sw raid1 partitions) with
sequencer Firmware version 1.1 (V28), which will eventually hang my box.  Prev
fw versions would also hang in similar situations.

My box being OpenSuSE 10.3, a 2.6.22.13-0.3-default kernel,
2x quad core Xeon CPU E5345 @ 2.33GHz stepping 0b,
14G of DDR2-667 memory, and a
Adaptec 48300 (AIC-9410W SAS/SATA Host Adapter, device 0000:05:02.0)
directly connected to two SEAGATE ST3146855SS

My 2 bits.

--Keith Hopkins