On Jul 18, 2012, at 10:17 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:

<snip>

>> You do have to pay very close attention to some things however. Don't change
>> the device identity in any way - even version information, otherwise a
>> Windows initiator will blue-screen. I made that mistake myself, so I
>> remember it well. It seemed like such an innocent change. I don't recall
>> there being any issue with adding commands and we did do that on occasion.
>
> How about removing commands?

Good question. With the storage system I am familiar with, that would only be a
risk if firmware were downgraded. Downgrading would never have been
recommended. I am sure that if something like persistent reserve suddenly went
away it would cause big trouble for some initiators.

--
Mark Rustad, LAN Access Division, Intel Corporation