>> Adrian Sandu wrote:
>>> I tried with a 3.3.8 , same thing happened. I don't understand why my
>>> gentoo (asrock) fails and fedora(laptop) didn't ! :|

Tried to use the live cd on my laptop, can't reproduce it in any way
on my computer ..
Using the same live cd I can reproduce the problem on the asrock :|

Tried with 3.3.8, 3.4.11, 3.5.4. I don't get what's causing the drive
to die from a simple hdparm -tT .. :|
The even more weird thing is that it's not dying every time ..
sometimes a hdparm runs successfully once or a few times before dying
.. :|
Guess I just have a bad luck .. ( altough .. I don't believe in "luck"
when it comes to hardware/software/science .. :) )