On 11/01/2012 05:52 AM, Tejun Heo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:09:21AM +0800, Aaron Lu wrote:
>> I'm not aware of a place to store such ODD specific information when
>> probing the device.
>
> You can always add some fields. :)

OK. My concern is that, such information is only useful to ZPODD
capable device+platforms, so checking this loading mechanism thing for
all ATAPI devices during probe time doesn't seem a good idea.

>> I'm currently storing the loading mech type in structure zpodd, which
>> gets created after the corresponding SCSI device gets created in
>> ata_scsi_scan_host, so at the probe time, the zpodd structure does not
>> exist yet. And the reason I create the zpodd sturcture this late is
>> that, it is only created when the ODD together the platform is ZPODD
>> capable, and to find out if this platform is ZPODD capbale, ACPI binding
>> has to occur first, and ACPI binding happens when SCSI device is added
>> to the device tree.
>
> Hmm... I see.  Which ACPI binding is it?  The ATA ACPI binding happens
> during probing.  It's a different one, I presume?

Since commit 6b66d95895c149cbc04d4fac5a2f5477c543a8ae:
libata: bind the Linux device tree to the ACPI device tree
ACPI binding happens when SCSI devices are added to the device tree. The
ata port/device software structure does not have a acpi_handle field
anymore.

Thanks,
Aaron