>>>>> "Doug" == Douglas Gilbert <dgilb...@interlog.com> writes:

Doug> No PI, why not? This was tested on lk 3.9.4 with your patches
Doug> applied.

I've been communicating with Akinobu offline about this.

The reason is that I really only implemented DIX support in
scsi_debug. The dif module parameter is only there to select the
reported protection type.

The main problem with scsi_debug is that it's both initiator and target
in one. And there isn't any notion of a data transfer between the
initiator and the target. We just fill out the scatterlists with stuff
from the in-memory buffer.

To support DIX/DIF correctly we'd have to have the notion of a handoff
between the front and back of scsi_debug. And we'd have to support all
combinations of DIX and DIF with the relevant slicing and dicing of data
and PI buffers.

I have some patches pending as part of my next DIF/DIX update that makes
some of these things more palatable at the block/SCSI level. Akinobu
voiced interest in finishing the scsi_debug work on top of my code.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Oracle Linux Engineering