On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 08:16:21AM +0200, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
The DDP offload on ixgbe is only capable of handling requests up
to 1024 sectors. So we should be exposing this to avoid spurious
messages about 'not enough user buffers'.

Shouldn't the network driver be able to communicate it's offload
capabilities to the fcoe core?  I'd be happy to take this as an iterim
fix if there's a comment explaining it, but long-term it should be
driver specific.

ixgbe can handle up to 256 sgl elements, but the maximum single I/O size is 256 pages. This translates into 1024 sectors.

And seeing that the 'fcoe' driver is effectively tied to ixgbe ATM I doubt it's worth investing in yet another callout here.
Intel, can you clarify on i40e? Is it FCoE capable?
If so it might be worth adding a configuration knob here.
Unless i40e has the same limitations as ixgbe ...

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                   zSeries & Storage
h...@suse.de                          +49 911 74053 688