[Back from vacation]

>> + [SCSI_PROT_WRITE_PASS] = SCSI_PROT_TRANSFER_PI |
>> + SCSI_PROT_GUARD_CHECK |
>> + SCSI_PROT_REF_CHECK |
>> + SCSI_PROT_REF_INCREMENT |
>> + SCSI_PROT_IP_CHECKSUM,

Sagi> A bit strange to me that you put REF_CHECK & REF_INCREMENT flag
Sagi> depending on the prot_op while it really depends on the prot_type.

It doesn't just depend on the prot_type. You need to be able to tell the
HBA to increment/test the ref tag even for a Type 0 device.

Sagi> I have a question here, What are your plans with explicit ref/app
Sagi> escape flags?  Were these just left behind on this series?

We don't yet have a need for them in Linux so I didn't define them.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Oracle Linux Engineering