On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 05:41:18PM -0700, Subhash Jadavani wrote:

> UFS device has supports 4 different well known logical units: "REPORT_LUNS"
> (address: 01h), "UFS Device" (address: 50h), "RPMB" (address: 44h) and
> "BOOT" (address: 30h).
>
> UFS device's power management needs to be controlled by "POWER CONDITION"
> field of SSU (START STOP UNIT) command. But this "power condition"  field
> will take effect only when its sent to "UFS device" well known logical unit
> (address: 50h) hence we require the scsi_device instance to represent this
> logical unit in order for the UFS host driver to send the SSU command for
> power management.
>
> We also require the scsi_device instance for "RPMB" (Replay Protected Memory
> Block) LU so user space process can control this LU.

If those are the only LUs you specificly need I'd suggest you just
manually call scsi_add_device from your driver for those instead of
listing them in REPORT_LUNS and making them part of the normal LUN
scan.  One advantage of the well known LUNs is that you always know
where in the LUN namespace they are :)