On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 11:33:15AM -0600, Jens Axboe wrote:
> That'd be fine as well. The mapping is cheap, though, but it would make
> sense to have an appropriate way to just pass it in like it happens for
> ->queue_rq() for native blk-mq drivers.

I think just passing the hw_ctx is fine.  But I don't want drivers to
have to implement both methods, so we should make sure the new method
works for both the blk-mq and !blk-mq case.  Note that once thing the
new method should get is a bool last paramter similar to the one I
added to the queue_rq method in the block tree tree.

It might be worth it to simply do a global search and replace and pass
a hw_ctx method to all instances, too.