> On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 08:51:20AM +0200, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
>>
>> I'm afraid it's not _that_ easy.
>> SCSI-II tagged queueing has some specific tag values:
>>
>> #define SIMPLE_QUEUE_TAG    0x20
>> #define HEAD_OF_QUEUE_TAG   0x21
>> #define ORDERED_QUEUE_TAG   0x22
>
> These are not tag values.  These are message codes set in the first byte
> of the Queue tag message, the second byte is the actual tag.
>
>> The recommendation here is to use 'scmd->request->tag' whenever
>> you want to get to the tag number, and 'scmd->tag' if you have to
>> play around with SCSI-II TCQ.
>> But if not I would strongly advise to leave 'scmd->tag' alone.
>
> Or kill off scmd->tag..  Let's see how feasible that is.

I'm about to.
(See my last two patches).
There are now two instances left:
NCR5380 (and derived LLDDs) and fnic.
For some weird reasons fnic decided to duplicate blk-tag
functionality. Looking into it.

And NCR5380 tag support can be safely ignored, it never worked anyway.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                   zSeries & Storage
h...@suse.de                          +49 911 74053 688