On 09/20/14 19:45, Or Gerlitz wrote:
On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Bart Van Assche <bvanass...@acm.org> wrote:
Attempting to connect three times may be insufficient after an
initiator system that was using multiple RDMA channels tries to
relogin. Additionally, this login retry mechanism is a workaround
for particular behavior of the IB/CM.

Can you be more specific re the particular behavior of the IB CM?
added Sean, the CM maintainer.

Let's focus on the software behavior instead of the people who are involved. What I have observed several times is that after a power cycle of the initiator system the first few login attempts are rejected. I was assuming that this was due to the IB/CM implementation but now that I have had another look at the logs I see that there is not enough information in the system logs to draw this conclusion. I will add additional logging statements in the initiator and target kernel code such that I can determine the root cause of this behavior.

Bart.