Hello linux-api'ers

There has been some ongoing discussion about the best way to implement tape
statistics. The original method suggested a long time ago used a single file in
sysfs similar to block statistics in sysfs. That lead to an impass about the
code on the linux-scsi mailing list.

The sysfs documentation says that files should contain one item per file (with
some small exceptions):

> "Attributes should be ASCII text files, preferably with only one value
> per file. It is noted that it may not be efficient to contain only one
> value per file, so it is socially acceptable to express an array of
> values of the same type."

The current patch that implements tape statistics is here:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=142112067313723&w=2

Recently there was was another discussion here about one file vs a collection
of files for tape statistics:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=142316255501550&w=2

The result was that I should ask here what method I should use. I would like to
get feedback in relation to tape statistics and one file vs multi-file in
sysfs. I'm happy to keep the existing code or change to a single file approach.

Thanks
Shane