Hello,

just a short question. If a low-level driver implements the function
`terminate_rport_io()` in `struct fc_function_template`, and it gets
called after IO failed, is the low-level driver expected to handle this
request synchronously or can it just schedule an action that is worked on
asynchronously to the call to the function?

Trouble is, we are seeing problems with SCSI-Commands being used by the
upper layers when we expect them to still be ours, after we got a call to
that function and didn't react upon it immediately. They do not contain
valid content anymore when they should.

I've looked into other implementations and it seems there are both
version, some LLDs explicitly wait upon completions of requests they
schedule and others just schedule work-items and return. That may
already be the answer, but I wanted to make sure I am not missing
something here. The documentation on it is not really existing, or I
missed it.

                                                    Beste Grüße / Best regards,
                                                      - Benjamin Block
--
Linux on z Systems Development         /         IBM Systems & Technology Group
                Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz