On Fri, 2015-09-25 at 17:18 +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> can you send the request_module fix as a proper signed off and described
> patch?  I'll figure out what w can do about async scan vs request_module
> in the meantime.

So the warning seems to be because scsi_dh_find_driver() is not quite
consistent.  For everything except alua, it scans the dh driver list to
see what might attach to the device.  It returns "alua" if the TPGS
field is anything other than zero, regardless of whether the alua driver
is loaded.  We could fix the problem by returning NULL if the alua
driver isn't present ... would that have any other adverse consequences?

James