>>>>> "Ming" == Ming Lei <tom.leim...@gmail.com> writes:

Ming,

Ming> No, it can't.

Well, it fixes a problem on one of my test systems where max_ws_blocks,
by virtue of being 64 bits, clobbers opt_xfer_blocks causing rw_len and
thus max_sectors to be set incorrectly.

We haven't run into that issue on real hardware. Probably because
scsi_debug is the only driver reporting $LUDICROUS_NUMBER as the max hw
transfer.

Ming> As the debug log shows, it is because you use 'OPTIMAL TRANSFER
Ming> LENGTH' to set queue's max_sectors.

But that is intentional.

I agree that the value chosen by scsi_debug in this case is very low and
we should fix that.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Oracle Linux Engineering