On Thu, 2015-12-17 at 14:57 -0500, Himanshu Madhani wrote:
> From: Quinn Tran <quinn.t...@qlogic.com>
>
> At high traffic, the work queue can become a bottle neck.
> Instead of putting each command on the work queue as 1 work
> element, the fix would daisy chain a list of commands that came
> from FW/interrupt under 1 work element to reduce lock contention.

I'm wondering if we are better served by turning this into generic logic
in kernel/workqueue.c to be used beyond qla2xxx, or:

using WQ_UNBOUND (following iser-target) and verify if observed
bottleneck is due to internal !(WQ_UNBOUND) usage in qla_target.c.

Out of curiosity, what level of performance improvement does this
patch (as is) actually provide..?

Thank you,

--nab