On 28.1.2016 16:34, Sumit Saxena wrote:
> Make instance->adprecovery variable atomic and removes hba_lock spinlock
> while accessing instance->adprecovery.
>
> Tomas commented on last time sent patch asking to use u8 instead of atomic
> for adprecovery. I agree that atomic_t is not required
> here but this is done for not to touch legacy code of MFI adapters and
> replace hba_lock with atomic_t so there are no changes
> in this patch on top of last time sent patch.

The way how both, the atomic variable now and the hba_lock we had before, work
is not equal - the sw will now behave differently, so you can't replace it
and expect nothing would change
The protection they provide was/is weak anyway, I think that it does not
protect you from anything.

btw. you forgot to remove the hba_lock in megasas_complete_cmd_dpc_fusion

OK, old code, you don't want to touch/test, and the maintainer has accepted it
so I accept it too.

--tm