>>>>> "Guilherme" == Guilherme G Piccoli <gpicc...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:

Guilherme> The firmware or device, possibly under a heavy I/O load, can
Guilherme> return on a partial unaligned boundary. Scsi-ml expects these
Guilherme> requests to be completed on an alignment boundary. Scsi-ml
Guilherme> blindly requeues the I/O without checking the alignment
Guilherme> boundary of the I/O request for the remaining bytes. This
Guilherme> leads to errors, since devices cannot perform non-aligned
Guilherme> read/write operations.

Guilherme> This patch fixes the issue in the driver. It aligns unaligned
Guilherme> completions of FS requests, by truncating them to the nearest
Guilherme> alignment boundary.

Applied to 4.10/scsi-fixes.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Oracle Linux Engineering