On Wed, 2017-02-22 at 17:07 +0100, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> this is a resend of a small patchset for cleaning up SCSI EH.
> Primary goal is to make asynchronous aborts mandatory; there hasn't
> been a single report so far where asynchronous abort won't work, so
> the 'no_async_abort' flag has never been used and will be removed
> with this patchset.
> Additionally there's a cleanup for handle failed EH commands, and
> to detect retries of failed commands.

An additional comment: I don't think it is safe to execute a host
reset while any asynchronous aborts are ongoing. I think the SCSI EH
will get really confused if after a host reset has been performed a
response is received from an asynchronous abort that was issued
before the host reset started. Although a SCSI target must not send
a LU RESET response before all previously submitted SCSI commands
and TMFs have finished, what prevents in e.g. a multipath topology
that an abort response and a LU RESET response are received out of
order?

Thanks,

Bart.