On 6/1/2017 7:32 PM, Bart Van Assche wrote:
On Thu, 2017-06-01 at 12:28 +0530, Asutosh Das (asd) wrote:
Please can you check if this is actually a bug and my understanding is
correct.

Hello Asutosh,

Spinlock recursion is always a bug. With what kernel version did you encounter
this? Was it with a kernel from kernel.org, a distro kernel or an Android
kernel?
Have you already tried to reproduce this with kernel debugging enabled? Enabling
CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK and CONFIG_PROVE_LOCKING should provide more detailed
information.

Bart.

Hello Bart,
Thanks.

It's on 4.4 and its an Android kernel.

No - I haven't tried it out yet. I could get some clues from the call-stack itself, like I explained before. I can try these configs though. While I do that, I'd like to know your thoughts on my analysis. Do you think with the current data, it makes sense?

--
Asutosh.