Hannes,

>> It seems this else statement facilitates papering over the fact that
>> scsi_sysfs.c and scsi_devinfo.h can get out of sync.

> But there is no good way of avoiding that, is there?
> Out of necessity the definition of the bits and the decoding are two
> distinct steps, and as such are always prone to differences.
>
> So what is your suggestion here?

I was merely fishing for comments being added to both files stating that
it was important to keep them in sync.

However, if you can automate it using Bart's approach, stringify magic
or something else then that's cool. We have several places where
something like that would be useful.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Oracle Linux Engineering