On Tue, 2017-09-26 at 10:22 -0700, Lee Duncan wrote:
> The SCSI ioctl reset path is smart enough to set the
> flag tmf_in_progress when a user-requested reset is
> processed, but it does not wait for IO that is in
> flight. This can result in lost IOs and hung
> processes. We should wait for a reasonable amount
> of time for either the IOs to complete or to fail
> the request.

Hello Lee,

I'm using this functionality all the time to test how SCSI target code handles
TMFs while SCSI commands are in progress. So I would regret if the SCSI reset
ioctl code would be modified such that it waits for outstanding requests.
Isn't the behavior you described a SCSI LLD bug? Shouldn't such bugs be fixed
instead of implementing a work-around in the SCSI core?

Thanks,

Bart.