Quoting Andrew Morgan ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> > I defined CAP_NS_UNSHARE as bit 32 as an experiment, and had to do some
> > finagling/combination of both of your trees to do so...  Though that
> > aside I'm pleased to say it all worked perfectly.
>
> In my tree, you should be able to simply add it to the convenience copy
> of libcap/include/linux/capability.h and recompile.

Andrew and Kaigai,

I'm having libcap troubles.

Kaigai, did you in fact take your googlecode version down?

Andrew, I tried libcap 2.02 on a test system with 2.6.24-rc3.  setcap
results in binaries which won't load with a new kernel.  When I use
setfcaps from the googlecode version, it works fine.  setcap also takes
the older argument versions (i.e. not -c caps, but just caps).  I don't
care about the arguments, but thought maybe that meant an older version
of the code snuck into the new libcap?

(I haven't looked deeper into the code, since I assume there's a very
simple explanation or solution...)

thanks,
-serge
-