On 15-10-20 09:03:19, Mimi Zohar wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-10-20 at 15:10 +0300, Petko Manolov wrote:
> >
> > By "security hole" i mean being able to read it at all.  Root or non-root.
> > Knowing what the IMA policy is may give the attacker an idea how to
> > circumvent it.  I used stronger words in order to attract the user's
> > attention and consider carefully what the implications are when enabling
> > this option.
> >
> > However, i do not insist on keeping this comment.  I will remove it or
> > re-word it if you think it is nonsensical in it's present form.
> >
> > BTW, i still think it is a good idea that only the root user have access to
> > the IMA policy.  Unless i hear otherwise i am planning to keep the current
> > functionality.
>
> Exactly!  Because only privileged users (eg. root) have access to securityfs
> files, I don't see the security concern.

OK, so i'll remove the scary warning. :)

> > > Since responding, I've enabled this feature.  Very nice!
> >
> > Have you tried it?
>
> Yes, being able to see the existing policy is nice.
>
> BTW, I haven't compared this patch with the original one yet.  Unless there
> were so many changes so that it isn't the same patch anymore, the patch
> author
> should be Zbigniew JasiƄski <z.jasin...@samsung.com>.  Any changes you made
> would be listed in the change log.

The patch is modified significantly, but not to the point to be a new one.  The
changes mostly address your comments about using raw strings instead of those
that already exist.  I feel that there's more to be done there, but will wait
for you to review it first.

Unfortunately i never heard from Zbigniew even though he's copied in this
thread
since the beginning.  I would very much like to hear his comments.

                Petko