On Wed, 2015-10-21 at 11:50 +0100, David Howells wrote:
> Mimi Zohar <zo...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> > Thinking about the blacklist keyring some more...
>
> Are we talking about a blacklist keyring that userspace can use - or can it be
> only usable by the kernel?

The blacklist is referenced by the kernel before using a key on either
the .ima or the new .ima_mok keyring to validate a file signature.

> > My concern is more that keys can be added and removed at run time from
> > either of the .ima or the ima_mok keyrings.  The need for a blacklist
> > keyring is to prevent the key from being removed and at a later point
> > re-added.  Unfortunately, keys can be added and removed similarly from the
> > blacklist keyring as well.  Unless keys can be added, without the ability of
> > removing them, I'm not sure of the benefit of a blacklist keyring.  I assume
> > adding and removing keys requires the same write privilege.
>
> The operations that modify the contents of a keyring in some way (link,
> unlink, clear) all operate under Write privilege.  That said, we could add a
> flag that suppresses unlink and clear on a keyring.  This could also suppress
> garbage collection of revoked and invalidated keys.

Adding the semantics at the keyring level would be better than at the
individual key level.   This new flag would prevent keys on the
blacklist from being removed.  I like this solution.

Mimi