Hello all,

 I'm developing a control system and I use the serial port to
 send/receive commands.
 I found a problem ( BUG?) with the serial driver. Let's me see.
 I use RTS/CTS flow control; the problem is that when the receiver
 deassert the CTS signal, I (transmiter) must stop inmediately the
 transmision because he will not receive more character ( and he hasn't got
 any buffer) until assert CTS again, but  I've check with an logic analizer
 than it isn't true, that is, the UART continue sending bytes althought
 CTS signal is deasserted, and  of    course, they are lost. Why ??

 I've revised the port configuration and I'm sure that is correct. Then,
 my questions are :

         1. Where is the problem ? UART or linux driver ?
         2. How does  the RTS/CTS flow control work exactly in linux
            driver?
         3 . If posible, how could I resolv this problem ?

 Data configuration :

 RedHat Linux 5.2
 16550A UART ( that said me linux )

 Thanks in advance.