Hi I'm writing becourse I have some problems with asynchronous
serial communication. And I thought that this list would be the correct
one to ask for help.

I haven't written much Linux code (cout and the likes don't count (GTK
rulez
:o)  ), so my problem is probably quite simple.

My configuration is a 486 running Redhat 6.2

The code i tryed to compile is a cut and paste version of
"3.3 Asynchronous Input" from the "Serial-Programing-HOWTO.html" found at
http://linuxdoc.org

I called gcc directly on the code (no options (a.out is just fine right
now))
(both as a normal and as a root user)

#include <ter .... bla bla....
   //install the signal handler before making the device asynchronous
  saio.sa_handler = signal_handler_IO;
  saio.sa_mask = 0;

               ^
               |---- here I get "incompatible types in assignment" error

  saio.sa_flags = 0;
  saio.sa_restorer = NULL;
  sig... bla bla .......
EOF

Looking in bits/sigaction.h, I presume that the mask should be a sigset_t
(what are all those _'s doing in front?).
However looking in bits/sigset.h only seem to confuse me...

How do I create a sigset, or that am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

--
Greetings from Visti Andresen (Talpa/IRIS)
     May the AMIGA be with you.

-