Linux-Setup Digest #412, Volume #21              Sun, 10 Jun 01 18:13:14 EDT

Contents:
  Re: RH 7.1 and system  bios ("Peter T. Breuer")
  Re: /bin/login cannot be removed (Michael Heiming)
  Linux Email Server ("Mike")
  Changing root login? ("David Anderson")
  Re: RedHat 7.1/kernel 2.4.4 sound and eth0 issues (Jones E. Versichoran)
  Re: Linux Email Server (Vilmos Soti)
  Re: Changing root login? (Michael Heiming)
  Re: XFree4.1.0 Problem Please help (Steve Martin)
  Re: swap doesn't unmout properly ("Duane Healing")
  Re: /bin/login cannot be removed ("Peter T. Breuer")
  Re: RH 7.1 and system  bios (Steve Martin)
  Re: unable to find a file ! (Steve Martin)
  Re: konquerer and java? (Robert_L)
  Re: XFree4.1.0 Problem Please help (Robert_L)
  Re: swap doesn't unmout properly (Juergen Heinzl)
  FTP and User Accounts. (Tim)
  Re: kernel 2.4.4 compilation (Robert Davies)
  BT-946C SCSI and Ethernet IRQ Conflict? (James K. Wiggs)
  Soundcard Help Needed (Bruce McCrea)
  Re: Linux Email Server ("Mike")
  Re: Linux Email Server (Chiefy)
  Top 10 posters (Michael Heiming)
  Re: Linux Email Server ("Mike")

From: "Peter T. Breuer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: RH 7.1 and system  bios
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:04:11 +0200

I.M.Sanders <i'[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The only way to boot the computer is with a floppy, the reason being
> that the hard disk isn't detected during post.

If it isn't, then you should take your computer back to the shop, it's
defective. There is no o/s on the machine at the time you run the POST
test, so it's between you, the hardware and the bios. So you should
check those three things (clue, eliminate the bios first).

>    By the way my email address is clearly a fake, so please respond to

Would you mind identifying yourself properly? I don't like responding
to fakes, Mr Sanders.  As far as I can tell you are  posting
from mindspring.net, but I don't know if you have an email address
there.

Peter

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:24:46 +0200
From: Michael Heiming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: /bin/login cannot be removed

"Peter T. Breuer" wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.setup Stephen Rank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dowson Tong) writes:
>
> > [ ... ]
> >> I suspect that my system was hacked with a bad /bin/login.
> >> Anyway, how can I removed this file under ext2?  I really
> >> don't want to reformat my drive if possible...
>
> > If you have been cracked, then you've got no choice but to reinstall.
>
> Sure he does. Just check the md5sums. (boot from a rescue diskette or
> cd to be doubly sure .. but I'm not sure I'd bother after restoring
> login, ps, ls and a few more).

I have absolutely no doubt someone with an UNIX/Linux experience like
you Peter,
could easily check his system.

But assuming from the fact, that the OP
doesn't really know what's going on, it would be better to reinstall
from
scratch, case he really got hacked, applying the latest patches to
his distro, checking /etc/hosts.deny, shutting down all unnecessary
services and finally setting up a firewall, before he connects the box
to the internet again.

Michael Heiming

------------------------------

From: "Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc,linux.redhat.install,linux.redhat.misc
Subject: Linux Email Server
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 12:32:24 -0700

Looking for a good Linux Email server applicatoin. Anybody got a good
suggestion?

Mike

------------------------------

From: "David Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Changing root login?
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:25:45 +0200

Hello

I would like to know if it is possible to change the login name for the root
user. Say for example that I want to call him 'admin' instead root, how do I
go about it? Is it simply a matter of changing the name in /etc/passwd and
/etc/shadow, or is there more that has to be done?

Thanks in advance
David Anderson

------------------------------

From: Jones E. Versichoran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: RedHat 7.1/kernel 2.4.4 sound and eth0 issues
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:57:24 +0200

Kwan Lowe wrote:

> Jones E. Versichoran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> 1) The first time I booted into 2.4.4 an autoconfigure screen came up
>> asking me if I wanted to configure my Xircom 10/100mbps ethernet
>> controller.  I said yes, then it asked if I wanted to migrate the
>> existing
>> configuration.  I also said yes.  Then, for the first time ever,
>> "intialising eth0" came up OK!  HOORAY!  It has always delayed due to
>> PCMCIA not being up.  I have no idea if this is a purely cosmetic change
>> or if something real is happening there... unfortunately, the point is
>> moot because then, although net configuration claims eth0 is active, all
>> hosts,
>> including my gateway, are unreachable.  If I reboot under 2.4.2-2, it
>> asks to remove the Xircom configuration, goes back to delaying eth0
>> initialisation and then the card works again... go fig.
>
> I've seen this often -- as you've determined, the pcmcia loads after the
> network tries to initialize. This causes a problem because pcmcia is
> needed for the network driver. To fix this, change the order in which the
> two load by either editing the files in /etc/rc.d/init.d/network and
> ./pcmcia or renaming the symlinks in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d and ./rc5.d.

Hmm...  sorry, I worded that poorly.  The eth0 delayed initialisation
problem never hampered use of the interface (the initialisation must have
been "delayed" until PCMCIA kicked in, and then occurred), and actually
stopped occuring altogether when I upgraded to the new kernel.  However,
despite this (and the aforementioned autoconfigure thing that came up out
of nowhere under the new kernel - some RedHat thing), the card simply
doesn't work under the new kernel.  There is no delayed initialisation
under 2.4.4 etc... and when I reboot to 2.4.2-2, it works fine even with
that problem.

I should probably mention the type of ethernet card - a Xircom 10/100 mbps
+ 56k modem Realport cardbus.

--
---
Jones E. Versichoran

------------------------------

Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc,linux.redhat.install,linux.redhat.misc
Subject: Re: Linux Email Server
From: Vilmos Soti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:03:10 GMT

"Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Looking for a good Linux Email server applicatoin. Anybody got a good
> suggestion?

What are your expectations?

The four best known are sendmail, exim, postfix, and qmail. The sites for
them are www.name_of_server.org

Vilmos

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 22:25:30 +0200
From: Michael Heiming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Changing root login?

David Anderson wrote:

> Hello
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to change the login name for the root
> user. Say for example that I want to call him 'admin' instead root, how do I
> go about it? Is it simply a matter of changing the name in /etc/passwd and
> /etc/shadow, or is there more that has to be done?
>
> Thanks in advance
> David Anderson

No problem changing UID 0 to whatever name you like, as only the UID
really matters. Checking file permissions and /etc/crontab wouldn't
be a bad idea.

Good luck

Michael Heiming

------------------------------

From: Steve Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: XFree4.1.0 Problem Please help
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 16:28:05 -0400

Masoud Pajoh wrote:

> I am running RH 7.1 + Ximian1.4 on with Matrox  G400 +32MB video card.
> I had so many Xwindows Crashes a day, may be 3 or 4, that I decided to
> upgrade to Xwindows 4.1.0.  I down loaded the files from the XFree.org.
> Read the README file and installation seemed to go well.  But now when I
> try STARTX  get this message:
>     xinit: No such files or directory: No 'x' server.
> Tried to run XFree86 -configure it dumps the core, so ran xf86config,
> but it made no difference, i.e. ended up with the same message.

When did you download the XFree86 distribution, and which one did
you download?

Red Hat 7.1 is glibc-2.2 based. They didn't put the glibc2.2
binaries up until this last Friday. If you downloaded before
then, then you downloaded a glibc2.1-based build, and are
suffering from library mismatch (in fact, the fact that "XFree86
-configure" dumps core leads me to believe that this is the case).

If you've downloaded the incorrect version, I'd suggest going back,
downloading the glibc2.2-based binaries and installing over the
top of your current distro, then trying again. Hopefully, that'll
get you up and running.

------------------------------

From: "Duane Healing" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: swap doesn't unmout properly
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:28:50 GMT

In a feverish moment of semi-lucidity, "ken pile"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> flailed at the keyboard thusly:
> Some advice please ladies and gentlemen....
>
> My SuSE 7.0 machine sometimes gets stuck when shutting down at the point
> where the swapfile is "unmounted". Unfortunately this is before the
> system partitions have unmounted, so on the next boot all my partitons
> have to be scanned, which is tedious and no doubt unhealthy. Can anyone
> help me work out why this is happening, and is it safe/possible to get
> the system unmounted before the swap partition.

The first thing I'd try is deactivating the swap with "swapoff" then
reinitialize it with bad block checking "mkswap -c" and reactivating with
"swapon" to see if that solves your problem. Perhaps the swap partition
got corrupted somehow?

--
-Duane
-DNAware SoftLabs

------------------------------

From: "Peter T. Breuer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 22:12:22 +0200

In comp.os.linux.misc Michael Heiming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But assuming from the fact, that the OP
> doesn't really know what's going on, it would be better to reinstall
> from
> scratch, case he really got hacked, applying the latest patches to

His distro surely provides him with tools (tripwire? rpm? - does nayone
kow what the debian equivalent is, if there is one?) that will
check his installation for him.

> his distro, checking /etc/hosts.deny, shutting down all unnecessary

Well, I grant you the point about hosts.deny (and inetd.conf :-).
Inetd.conf is usually backdoored.

> services and finally setting up a firewall, before he connects the box
> to the internet again.

I think this person just had a +a'd or +i'd /bin/login.

Peter

------------------------------

From: Steve Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 16:38:24 -0400

"I.M.Sanders" wrote:

>    I took an 8 gig hard drive, fdisk with winme startup disk,
> formatted each partition, then installed RH 7.1

I have to ask... why did you format the drive with the WinME
fdisk and then install Red Hat? If it were me, I'd partition
the disk with Red Hat if I were going to install Red Hat.
Just curious...

>    Windows is not on this computer.

Good move. 8)

>    Before installing RH the bios auto detected the hard drive, after
> the install it will not.

Strange. There should be nothing that Red Hat does, parition or
otherwise, that should interfere with the auto-detect.

>    During the install I selected auto format and install, I believe in
> linux native. I notice that during boot with the floppy the hard drive
> is correctly identified, but not during post.

Well, that tells me that the hard disk hardware and the IDE controller
hardware both are working, so I'm a little at a loss to explain what's
going on with the BIOS.

> hard drive. I also entered the drive info in the bios and still no go.

I'm a believer in asking stupid questions, so let me ask a couple:

(1) Are the drive jumpers set properly?

(2) What kind of sector translation do you have set up in the BIOS?
    A drive this large has to have some sort enabled (LBA, large, et
    cetera) before it can be detected.

>    I've never written in anything but basic, and dos, so I imagine
> I'll be lost in unix for sometime yet.

Depending on how deeply you want to get involved with Linux, I'd say
that ya better get up to speed on C.

>    By the way my email address is clearly a fake, so please respond to
> this news group if anyone has an idea about how to correct this
> problem.

My favorite anti-spam bogus email address is
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]".
YMMV.

------------------------------

From: Steve Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: unable to find a file !
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 16:41:45 -0400

Vilmos Soti wrote:

> Didier Baertschiger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I have an executable file (maple)  in a directory which is totally
> > impossible to start !  All the accesses are ok (chmod +x ...).
>
> You already got some good advice, but here is one more.
> Make sure that the partition on which your maple resides is not
> mounted with the noexec flag.

Also make sure it's a type of executable that  your kernel
supports. I had an executable I downloaded and tried to run,
turned out it was built as an a.out and my kernel only had
support for ELF executables. The error messages I got were
similar to what you reported.

------------------------------

From: Robert_L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: konquerer and java?
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 16:41:21 -0400

gman1 wrote:

> I have redhat 7.1-
>
> How do I get Java, and Javascript to work with Konquerer?
>
> I don't have a 'java' program so should i download:
> (A)kaffe?
> (B)java from blackdown?
> (C)JRE from sun or rpmfind?
> (D)JDK from sun or rpmfind?
> (E)or is there some java from the red hat 7.1 package i can install?
>
> Thanks In advance for any help!

Blackdown is the one they recomend.
You just openn up konqueror preferences-->konqueror browser-->java and point
it to the "java" executable as in:
/usr/local/java/blackdown/j2re1.3.0/bin/java
from www.konqueror.org   :
"KJAS has been tested against IBM's and Blackdown's 1.3 releases, and Sun's
1.2.2 release. Currently, Sun's 1.3 jvm is not supported, but work is going on
to fix the problems with that version. Hopefully Sun's 1.3.1 release will work.
It's been found that KJAS seems to work best under Blackdown's jvm. Kaffe and
IBM's 1.1.8 will probably not work- they are not officially supported.

 Blackdown's JVM can be obtained from http://www.blackdown.org.
 IBM's Java products can be found at http://www.ibm.com/developer/java/.
 Sun's Java products can be found at http://java.sun.com/products/.";
HTH
Robert_L
--
Registered Linux user #214645
remove spamfree when replying directly

------------------------------

From: Robert_L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 16:54:26 -0400

Masoud Pajoh wrote:

> Hi All;
> I am running RH 7.1 + Ximian1.4 on with Matrox  G400 +32MB video card.
> I had so many Xwindows Crashes a day, may be 3 or 4, that I decided to
> upgrade to Xwindows 4.1.0.  I down loaded the files from the XFree.org.
> Read the README file and installation seemed to go well.  But now when I
> try STARTX  get this message:
>     xinit: No such files or directory: No 'x' server.
> Tried to run XFree86 -configure it dumps the core, so ran xf86config,
> but it made no difference, i.e. ended up with the same message.
>
> I tried to find the command "X", but i cannot find it anywhere.
>
> Please help what am I missing.
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Masoud

What files did you download and how did you install them (rpms? tar.gz?)
Maybe dumb question but stranger things have happened: did you reboot first?
I'm just a newbie but thought I could help by sharing what I did-- I had no
problems.  I realize you are using Redhat and I am using Mandrake but it can't
hurt to share information with you.
Files:
X11R6-contrib-3.3.6-11mdk.i586.rpm
XFree86-libs-4.1.0-1mdk.i586.rpm
XFree86-100dpi-fonts-4.1.0-1mdk.i586.rpm
XFree86-server-4.1.0-1mdk.i586.rpm
XFree86-4.1.0-1mdk.i586.rpm
XFree86-xfs-4.1.0-1mdk.i586.rpm
XFree86-75dpi-fonts-4.1.0-1mdk.i586.rpm
Xconfigurator-4.2.3-4mdk.i586.rpm
XFree86-Mach64-3.3.6-21mdk.i586.rpm       (specifc for  my video card)
XFree86-devel-4.1.0-1mdk.i586.rpm
Then ran rpm Fvh XFree86*.*

One file was corrupt so I had to redownload it but other than that no problems)
you can  do:    rpm -qa |grep XFree86       to see what files you have installed
Hopefully someone more knowlegeable can help you out with getting your system
working again.
HTH
Robert

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Juergen Heinzl)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:05:05 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ken pile wrote:
>Some advice please ladies and gentlemen....
>
>My SuSE 7.0 machine sometimes gets stuck when shutting down at the point
>where the swapfile is "unmounted". Unfortunately this is before the
>system partitions have unmounted, so on the next boot all my partitons
>have to be scanned, which is tedious and no doubt unhealthy. Can anyone
>help me work out why this is happening, and is it safe/possible to get
>the system unmounted before the swap partition.
[-]
Sounds rather strange as you don't (u)mount a swap partition, but
use swapoff, so is it a file or is it a dedicated partition since you
mentioned both.

Ta',
Juergen

--
\ Real name     : Juergen Heinzl                \       no flames      /
 \ EMail Private : [EMAIL PROTECTED] \ send money instead /

------------------------------

From: Tim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: FTP and User Accounts.
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:36:11 GMT

Hey,

I am looking for a guide to the config files for any ftp server.  All
the ones I find do not really tell you what each line does.  And so I
am not having any success setting up a ftp server.

Problem:

I need to set up a FTP server for multiple access.  Each user has its
own directory and can not see any other directory.

 Can any one help me with this config problem?

Thanx

------------------------------

From: Robert Davies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: kernel 2.4.4 compilation
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux.suse,alt.os.linux
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:58:00 +0100

inon wrote:

>>It says that after recompiling the kernel, if you have the driver built
>>into the kernel and the previous kernel had it configured (during
>>installation) as a module, then the kernel will still try to load the
>>module of the same driver and this leads to the system blocking.
>>
>>A solution to this is given in page 453.
>>
>>I hope this helps.
>>
>>Nikolaos
>
> Can you please post what Pg# 453 says (if not the whole text, at least
> main points). Thanks a bunch.

You've got it on your CD, it's called the Handbook in the doc directory, if
not there's an rpm for it you can install in the documentation series.

Rob

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (James K. Wiggs)
Subject: BT-946C SCSI and Ethernet IRQ Conflict?
Date: 10 Jun 2001 21:50:06 GMT

 Folks,

   Second attempt; don't think the last one went out.

   Curious if anyone has any idea what's going on here.
I picked up an old Seagate 50-pin SCSI-II drive for a
pittance to hook up to a BT-946C SCSI card that had
been sitting idle since the CD writer it was attached
to went belly-up.  I installed these into my "file
server" box, a dual PPro-200 running Debian 2.2r3.  I
recompiled the kernel with the only difference being
that I turned on SCSI support, specifically for the
Buslogic cards.  The card was identified OK on boot
and I was able to partitiion the drive and enable
some swap space on it (haven't built any filesystems
yet) so I'm fairly certain both drive and card are
working fine.

   The problem is that now my PCI ethernet card no
longer works.  It's a Netgear FA-310TX which has done
yeoman's duty since the day I bought it, though for
some odd reason it gets identified in the boot logs
for Debian 2.2r3 as a "Lite-On 82c168".  Doen't matter;
it worked just fine until I put the SCSI card into the
box.  Both SCSI card and network card are using IRQ 9,
with the SCSI card doing its I/O at 9400 and the net
card using 9800.  I've gone into the SCSI card setup
at boot time, and it will not allow me to modify the
IRQ value.  I'm unaware of any way to force the
network card to a different IRQ.  Can anyone make any
suggestions about where I could get started, here?
Forgive my ignorance, but I thought one of the points
of PCI was that you didn't have to worry (as much)
about IRQs and such; that the devices were capable of
sharing them, if necessary, and that the whole thing
was for the most part self-configuring.  So, what's
up?

   Other specs for the box, if anyone's interested:
Tyan ATX motherboard (1668D, I think), 128 MB of ECC
RAM, Matrox Mystique video card w/4MB RAM, and an old
OPL3-SAX sound card that doen't even get used, but I
never bothered pulling out of the machine.  Ultimately
I plan to make this box into a big RAID-5 file server
by slapping 3 Promise UATA-100 controllers into it,
replacing the FA-310TX with a DLink DFE-570TX, and
the Mystique with either an old Trident ISA video card
or just hooking an old serial terminal to the thing.
Then I'll hang 6 disks off the Promise controllers and
do RAID-5 across 'em.  But obviously this will involve
to get these issues resolved first.

best,
Jim Wiggs
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: Bruce McCrea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Soundcard Help Needed
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:57:37 GMT

Greetings all.

If you can help me, I'd appreciate it.
I have just recently installed Mandrake Linux 8.0 and I like it very much.
But I am disappointed in that the Sound Card does not work.

It is a Trident Microsystems 4DWave DX. The hardware config tool it says:
        No volume mixer available. So I'll not be able to adjust volume
Anybody able to get the volume turned up?

Thanks

------------------------------

From: "Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc,linux.redhat.install,linux.redhat.misc
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 15:05:31 -0700

I am fairly new to Linux and need an Email Server that can handle virtual
domains similiar to Sealtle Labs SL Mail for NT and Win 2k.

Mike
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chiefy)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc,linux.redhat.install,linux.redhat.misc
Date: 10 Jun 2001 22:02:00 GMT

10 Jun 2001 19:32 UTC, Mike typed:
> Looking for a good Linux Email server applicatoin. Anybody got a good
> suggestion?

Exim is popular with ISP's here in the UK.

--
Chiefy. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 00:05:09 +0200
From: Michael Heiming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Top 10 posters

Top 10 posters for the 7 day period ending 2001-06-11.
(comp.os.linux.setup)

     posts kbytes  name                         address
   1    33   65.0  Peter T. Breuer           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   2    16   37.4  David Efflandt            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   3    14   31.1  Dave Uhring               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   4    14   22.2  Craig Kelley              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   5    11   19.7  hoffy                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   6    10   23.3  Tommy                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   7    10   17.7  Michael Heiming           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   8    10   17.4  Duane Healing             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   9     9   18.0  Steve Martin              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  10     9   17.1  Joal Heagney              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       ---  -----
       136  268.8  Total for top 10

Totals for the newsgroup:
  426 posters
  820 articles
  1613.9 kbytes

The top 10 accounted for:
  2.3% of the posters
 16.6% of the articles
 16.7% of the bytes

Averages:
  1.9 articles / poster
  2.0 kbytes / article
  3.8 kbytes / poster

2 people posted for the first time this period.
They went on to post 2 articles altogether

The new posters accounted for:
    0.5% of the posters
    0.2% of the articles
    0.3% of the bytes

------------------------------

From: "Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc,linux.redhat.install,linux.redhat.misc
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 15:10:50 -0700

Should have also mentioned that I need SMTP and POP3 support with Multi
Domains and users. Also would like auto responder capabilites. Really
looking for a full featured solution.

Mike

"Vilmos Soti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> "Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Looking for a good Linux Email server applicatoin. Anybody got a good
> > suggestion?
>
> What are your expectations?
>
> The four best known are sendmail, exim, postfix, and qmail. The sites for
> them are www.name_of_server.org
>
> Vilmos

** FOR YOUR REFERENCE **

    Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You can send mail to the entire list by posting to comp.os.linux.setup.

End of Linux-Setup Digest