On 06/27/2017 02:56 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
+/* Userlevel context.  */
+typedef struct ucontext
+  {
+    unsigned long uc_flags;
+    struct ucontext *uc_link;
This is now struct ucontext_t.

Isn't this an ABI change. After making change as you suggested, building gcc/libgcc itself fails now as the ARC libgcc unwinder expects ucontext.

        #define MD_FALLBACK_FRAME_STATE_FOR arc_fallback_frame_state

        static __attribute__((noinline)) _Unwind_Reason_Code
        arc_fallback_frame_state (struct _Unwind_Context *context,
                                   _Unwind_FrameState *fs)
        {
          struct rt_sigframe {
            siginfo_t info;
            struct ucontext uc;
            unsigned int sigret_magic;
          };

Can we atleast define a preprocessor macro to indicate this ABI change so downstream projects can support both things in short term ?

I see other threads on mailing list about distros being notifed etc of this ...

-Vineet