On 10/02/2023 10:17, Shahab Vahedi wrote:
On 2/9/23 21:27, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:

On 09/02/2023 13:23, Shahab Vahedi wrote:

On 2/8/23 17:36, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:

It's not clear to me why you did a revert of the cookie feature rather than
using those patches. I think the first two or three should be sufficient to
fix your issue?

Ideally, the correct way would be applying that pending series. But since
there were comments that some of the patches might need reworking [1], I did

  I don't see anything in that thread about rework being needed, only some
  complaints about some mail gateway encrypting messages so they can't be
  read by some recipients...
See this [1] and the response here [2]. Having read it again, apparently it is

Ah, but I guessed that that patch was not relevant for the issue you are facing. I had the impression only the first two or three patches of the series are relevant.

not such a big deal. Alexander, the author, mentioned that he will redo that
part in v3 of the patch the way David suggested. So either, I can make that
change when submitting to Buildroot, or take it as it is. Your call.

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/20220421003152.339542-3-aloba...@pm.me/T/#m42db58567febf12040f6ba0478e1a6148c284c55

[2]
https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/20220421003152.339542-3-aloba...@pm.me/T/#m293896646128262621c83e8c15c4d977f92ad0d2

not feel confident to add them. Therefore, I tried to keep my solution minimal
and solve it by eliminating the problem. I know, it is not appealing.

  The problem with your patch is that it is very difficult to decide if it
  should be kept or not when bumping the version. Plus, some people (or other
  packages) may rely on the feature that you remove.

I can try to apply that patch series on top of bpftool-v7.1.0-br1.tar.gz in
buildroot. If it can be done fairly easily, I will submit it on a different
thread.

 Thanks!

 Regards,
 Arnout