Hi,

I have a Sipeed Lichee RV86 <https://linux-sunxi.org/Sipeed_Lichee_RV>
panel.
It basically adds a screen/ethernet/wifi for the Lichee RV compute module
(riscv64).

I created an SDCARD using OpenixCard
<https://github.com/YuzukiTsuru/OpenixCard> tool and the manufacturer's
image: *LicheeRV_Debian_86_480p.img*

I'm pretty happy with the result. It's pretty nice to have a
straightforward linear framebuffer.
So I decided to remove all X11 stuff, and keep it as CLI with framebuffer.

Currently, I am trying to find out what is involved when I want to upgrade
the kernel.

I understand it uses U-BOOT.

I am not sure where U-BOOT gets the kernel image from?

mmcblk0     179:0    0   15G  0 disk
├─mmcblk0p1 179:1    0  3.9M  0 part
├─mmcblk0p2 179:2    0  252K  0 part
├─mmcblk0p3 179:3    0  252K  0 part
├─mmcblk0p4 179:4    0 10.1M  0 part
├─mmcblk0p5 179:5    0  504K  0 part
├─mmcblk0p6 179:6    0 13.8M  0 part
└─mmcblk0p7 179:7    0    8G  0 part /

I don't see kernel images in the root filesystem.

I am able to mount mmcblk0p1 but that fs just contains:
bootlogo.bmp
magic.bin

Does the U-BOOT and kernel reside on the SOC maybe? Or is it on the SDCARD
as well?

I also tried holding down the "FEL" key when powering up to enter a
"DOWNLOAD" mode.
When I do that, I indeed do not get boot output on the serial port. But
nothing else shows up on serial. I get no U-BOOT prompt, which I was
expecting?

Thanks.