On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Luc Verhaegen <l...@skynet.be> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 09:11:52AM -0500, jonsm...@gmail.com wrote:

>> > Isn't Q88 an A13 based board?
>>
>> Q88 is just the design dimensions. Most Q88 format boards are A13 but
>> some are A10, A20 and A23.
>
> Oh, i see, this is new info to me.

There are some other standard formats. One is a thick L shaped, and
other is L-shaped with a thin neck. They have Qxx names too but I
don't know what they are.

There is one group of companies making PCBAs in these standard
formats. The location of the LCD/CSI/etc connectors are also
standardized. Another group assembles tablets designed around these
standard PBCAs. This model lets the PBCA vendors sell to multiple
customers and the assembler to have multiple suppliers. I don't think
there are any written specs for this, it just seems to have evolved
that way.

Of course nothing stops you from doing complete custom either.

> Maybe this should be documented on our wiki, as we have plenty of Q88
> lookalike devices in at least our A13 tablets.
>
> Luc Verhaegen.
>
> --

Jon Smirl
jonsm...@gmail.com