Hi there!

El 23/02/14 10:42, mati8...@gmail.com escribió:
Hi people,
First of all, thank you very much for all your work. =)

I'm thinking buying a laptop with a microprocessor Allwinner A20. There is not
much information. Only this: http://www.kanjitech.com.ar/productos/display/157

Comes with android, and would like to use it as a desktop with fedora, only for
browsing, listening to music, and maybe write some code.

So here's the main question:
Without knowing anything about the device, what are the chances of getting
something usable? :S

As Luc explained, assuming it really is an A20, it should be easy on most cases and it'll require a bit more work on the rest.

Emm.
Will I be able to obtain the fex file, or will be blocked?.
..and now, that chances to be functional with mainline kernel? I know that now
no support.. But it is difficult to convert the Fex to device tree?.

Maxime (on cc) is working on an automagic tool to make it happen. Currently, mainline has no display driver, so it wouldn't be any use to you if you intend to use it as a laptop.

.and finally.. a A20 with 1GB of RAM, it will be usable as laptop?.

It depends on what you want do do with it. If you're going to do some pdf reading, document editing, programming or ssh then it'll probably be fine, yes.

Saludos,

Emilio