On 03/12/14 10:32, stul...@gmail.com wrote:
Dear All;

Thank you soo much for all your efforts.

I have a A20 based board, named INTERRA-3. It incorporates a SANDISK eMMC
instead of a NAND Flash. I can run both stock android and sunxi kernel with
debian on it.

Basically, everything is OK, but I am not happy with the SDIO interface speed.

Please see my benchmarking test against SAMSUNG NOTE-2 and SAMSUNG NOTE-3:
http://s9.postimg.org/xkp1o22nz/compare.jpg

As you see, the READ speed is extremely slow when we compare with Samsung
devices.

This test is done with the same application from Google Play Store, and it was
using AW kernel.

However, I get same speeds when I use sunxi kernel ( I tested according to
here: https://romanrm.net/dd-benchmark )

Is it a hardware limitation, or is it possible to improve speeds via kernel
driver ?

FYI, here is my booting log : http://sprunge.us/YWhS

Many thanks for the answers.
You are getting about 2 to 3 times of nand performance. I'm not sure if the eMMC is capable of doing more, but it could be SDIO performance, though I wouldn't bet on it. Your performance isn't horrible to be honest really.

BR.

Sertac