On 03/21/2014 04:10 PM, Dave McLaughlin wrote:
I am trying to port a touchscreen driver to my system and I have the
module building and installing.

I have added it to the auto detect code in device.c and I can see in
dmesg that the driver from i2c-core gets detected and the init function
is called.

What never gets called is the probe function which would setup the touch
IC and the interrupt handler.

When would this be called or how do I ensure this is called for my module?

This is the driver I am trying to use. It's under documents and
downloads. The manual explains how to integrate it except that the
information on page 7, 2.2 BSP Integration, section 2.2.2 does not match
up with anything I can find in the sun7i build.

http://www.touchrev.com/docs/fusion7/

Where in the sunxi build do I include this information or is this what's
in the sys_config.fex?

[ctp_para]
ctp_used = 1
ctp_name = "fusion_F0710A"
ctp_twi_id = 2
ctp_twi_addr = 0x10
ctp_screen_max_x = 800
ctp_screen_max_y = 480
ctp_revert_x_flag = 0
ctp_revert_y_flag = 0
ctp_exchange_x_y_flag = 0
ctp_int_port = port:PC19<6><1><default><default>

Touch screens are very fidgity to get working right, often due to some firmware that needs to be loaded, or is different between various implentations of the touchscreen IC.

I personally haven't seen the fusion series pass by the mailing list ...

Olliver