Hi all,

I am trying to use a pca9535 i2c gpio expander with interrupts on an A10
based board and struggled.  I have figured out that the problem is the lack
of free virtual/software interrupts as configured in
arch/arm/plat-sunxi/include/plat/irqs.h.  In that file NR_IRQS is coded as
(96+32) which leaves nothing for virtual/software interrupts.  All of the
GPIO expanders that support interrupts consume one interrupt per gpio pin
on the expander (so 16 in my case).  NR_IRQS needs to be set 16 higher for
the pca953x driver to successfully grab that many interrupts.

What is the best method for  configuring/increasing NR_IRQS  when using
gpio expanders?  Note that it is possible to add 8 pca9535 chips to each
i2c bus, so just adding 16 if that driver is enabled with interrupts is not
an option as it is possible for it to consume 3*16*8=384 interrupts on an
A10.

Cheers
Simon