Looking at the FEX file for an Olimex-A20 and a Cubieboard this entry looks
like this.

But on the Olimex-A20 this pin is connected to a notification LED. It is
not used in the schematic of the Cubieboard that I found.

Looking at the AXP209 I found on the Olimex board that the GPIO1 is
connected via a potential divider to USB VBUS

In the drivers I found a reference to this pmu_adtdet that seems to be used
to switch the charging current from 2 different settings.

As the AXP209 docs are all in Chinese it is almost impossible to work out
what the settings are for the GPIO and I can only assume that the FEX
settings are actually for the AXP209 GPIO and not the GPIO on the A20
itself?  Would this assumption be correct.

I have an issue with the A20 running on battery and it is reporting that
the percentage left is not the same as the percentage when I apply external
power to the board. This is not related to the above, it was just that I
spotted this when trying to track down the issue.