On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 06:21:18PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I think we should start an errata page on the linux-sunxi wiki somewhere,
> specifically targeting errata for the official "user manual" documents.
>
> I know we already have various pages to document specific blocks, the
> idea here would be to have a general errata page. The purpose is to have
> a single place to gather doc fixes for blocks which are adequately
> documented in the user-manual, except for one or two missing bits.
>
> IMHO it is not worth the trouble / useful to create an entire new page
> for cases where we're talking about just 1-2 bits. But it would be
> useful to gather these little fixes somewhere, hence the suggestion
> to have a generic errata page. For blocks for which we already have
> extensive documentation in the wiki, this generic page can contain
> links to the documentation for these blocks.
>
> So good or bad idea ?
>
> And if you believe this is a good idea, any suggestions for a name /
> hierarchy for these pages ?
>
> ###
>
> The specific case triggering this idea is the lack of documentation
> for bits 10-12 of the GMAC clk register (0x01c20164). I've been in
> contact with allwinner about these 3 bits, and they configure
> the GMAC Transmit Clock Delay Chain (GTXDC), they are the transmit
> equivalent of bits 5-7.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

Sounds like a plan.

Let's start out with something like this:

Start with a page called documentation or something.

Then start listing the datasheets, one section per chipset (single =)
on that page.

Have the device pages link to those sections.

Then have a per chipset errata page reachable from each chipset specific
section.

We will see where to go from there.

Luc Verhaegen.