Hello.

Running mainline kernel from Arch Linux ARM on a Cubietruck I have to say the so called SBE error [0] makes the on-chip WLAN interface unusable.

My findings strongly suggest there's some kind of "load threshold": if only few data is transferred the link remains stable for hours. But the problem can reproducibly be triggered by larger amounts of data. If e. g. some large file gets downloaded, the error will always arise once the download has been going on for some seconds. That threshold seems to be slightly higher in 802.11n than in 802.11g mode. On a side note APs operating in 5GHz band can't even seem to be detected.
But that's all I could figure out.

So I was wondering whether there's any news about this problem or even a workaround. Obviously I'd be willing to perform further tests but needed some advice on how to do this.

Regards,

Peter Mattern

[0] https://groups.google.com/d/msg/linux-sunxi/NngIhT-ELVc/Q2pt3UdrE-sJ