I have Mele A100(A10) and M3(A20), with identical IR and remotes.

I have followed instructions from this page - http://linux-sunxi.org/LIRC, IR
works, but "sunxi-ir" ignores long key press  ...
For example - you will have problematic forward/rewind in mplayer .

Run "cat /dev/input/you_ir_device" , press key on remote ,then you will see
some garbage on display - it means that ir reciever is working.
But if you long press any key on remote, then this garbage will not be repeated.
I have checked remote with my smartphone camera, it sends repeats(flashes).

Also i have tried this kernel module -
https://github.com/matzrh/sunxi-lirc/wiki , it works, raw "cat" from device
shows repeats, but i am stuck with incorrect "irrecord" results.

Can community help me to make repeats in sunxi-ir ?

P.S.
affected kernels, that i have tested - 3.4.79, 3.4.103