Hi,

On 20-01-15 11:05, Lars Doelle wrote:
Hi Hans,

This makes me realize that we should probably write a manual on
how to add a new sunxi board to upstream u-boot / a dts to the
kernel.

Just to make sure to get your intention right. You refer to the release
process and want us to mention, that FEX, uboot and dts patches go
to different lists of receivers. This could IMO be integrated best added
to the [[Sending patches]] page, which right now, lists only this list
as receiver. Right?

That is part of it, it would also be really helpful to have some documentation
on how to actually generate a patch for upstream u-boot to add a new board,
and another page for how to write a dts for the upstream kernel,
including documenting things like using label referenced nodes and keeping them
sorted alphabetically (probably a good idea to link to an example).

Regards,

Hans