Actually I did luck out. I tried almost everything to get things working
but in the end it was actually people from AW-SOM that had done the work.
Their repo is at
https://src.aw-som.com/git/awsom/linux-sunxi/tree/awsom-3.4/drivers/media/video/sunxi_csi
And what I did was copy their work and paste it into my updated kernel.

I have detailed notes on what did and didn't work as well as a patch I made
but I don't think the group needs to be flooded with my progress. If you
want to take this off line and then report back to the group I think that
would be better. You can email me directly at georgeioak at gmail dot com
and I can send you my notes.