On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 14:35:06 +0100
Benjamin Henrion <zoo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am waiting for binary cross-compilers in debian for at least 10
> years now, since I followed emdebian project.
>
> For gentooers around, the ebuild is 18 lines:
>
> http://data.gpo.zugaina.org/mkeyoverlay/dev-embedded/sunxi-tools/sunxi-tools-9999.ebuild
>
> # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
> # $Header: $
> EAPI="5"
> EGIT_REPO_URI="git://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-tools.git"
>
> inherit git-2 autotools
>
> DESCRIPTION="Tools to help hacking Allwinner A10 devices."
> HOMEPAGE="http://linux-sunxi.org/";
>
> LICENSE="GPL-2"
> SLOT="0"
> IUSE=""
>
> DEPEND="virtual/libusb"
>
> src_install() {
> dobin bin2fex
> dobin bootinfo
> dobin fel
> dobin fex2bin
> dobin fexc
> dobin nand-part
> dobin pio
> }

This does not seem to have the crossdev dependency though? Along
with the necessary steps to ensure that the system has an ARM
crosscompler installed to pass it to the Makefile as the
'CROSS_COMPILE' parameter:

    https://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-tools/blob/d4e34bcb5a35/Makefile#L29

So, effectively, this ebuild is not rebuilding the ARM binaries either.

Also just like buildroot, it skips installing the 'meminfo' tool.
That's what we get for having no 'make install' target and relying on
the distro package maintainers to pick the right set of binaries.

For example, I would want to tell the users to "Just install the
sunxi-tools package from your linux distro and run the meminfo tool".
But I obviously can't rely on this tool being available with the current
state of sunxi-tools packaging. Moreover, renaming the "pio", "bootinfo"
and "meminfo" tools to avoid using generic names is left up to the
discretion of the distro maintainers now.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka