Hey all,

On 10-03-15 08:41, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Simos Xenitellis
<simos.li...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

As you may know, there is an introductory book about the A-Series of
Allwinner SoCs (specifically A10, A13 and A20), called "Getting
Started with Cubieboard", written by Olliver Schinagl and published by
Packt Publishing Ltd.
Read more at
https://www.packtpub.com/hardware-and-creative/getting-started-cubieboard

Packt is doing some publicity for this book. What they are doing is
that they give the e-book version of the book in exchange for an
online review.
The idea is that by having several online reviews for the book, it
helps prospective buyers to decide whether to buy or not. Obviously,
you are free to write whatever you want in the review.

I offered them my help in finding such reviewers, and they are looking
for 3 persons.

Here are the details:
1. Have a look at
https://www.packtpub.com/hardware-and-creative/getting-started-cubieboard
to decide if you are interested to go through this.
2. Write a review on Amazon, Google Books and goodreads.
For Amazon, you need to have an account and have bought something in
order to be able to post reviews.
3. Write a review on your personal blog or similar social media.

If you are interested in taking part, please send me a private email.
Please also add a sentence describing why it would be helpful to you
to get a copy (to be used in case there are more than 3 replies).
I'll collect replies until this Friday.
If there are any general questions, reply here.
I have no affiliation with Packt Publishing Ltd.

I got some good replies and forwarded them to Packt.
They confirmed that they will be contacting you (if they did not do already)
with further details.

I also suggested to Packt to get someone from either CubieTech or
Allwinner to review the book.
Obviously, such a thing would be mutually beneficial in terms of marketing.

So, if you are from CubieTech or Allwinner, do contact me in private.
Why have I not been contacted about this at all yet (by packt mostly). While I think it's good that you are putting in effort, it feels a little as being passed by.

In any case, it's good that the book is being pushed, and if you are from CubieTech or Allwinner, please atleast CC me, as I am the author after all.

Olliver

Simos