Hello,

On 18 May 2015 at 10:49,  <rasters...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Check if you have the i2c tools in your android system, and try to use them
> to dump the firmware from the running chip. You should be able to do it by
> reading registers 00 to 7F for each 128-byte block, and writting in register
> 0xF0 the page you want to read.

Is there no special support needed in the kernel for reading the i2c
from userspace?

There is also that annoyance that some kernels protect i2c addresses
taken by a kernel driver form userspace access even when the userspace
access is in general enabled.

I guess I will try to dump the registers and compare to the firmware
blobs on the tablets I have.

Connecting directly to the i2c bus on the PCB might not be quite nice
on anything other than A13 since both the SoC and the Silead chip have
no externally visible pins so figuring out where the i2c is might be
quite difficult.

Thanks

Michal